Monday, October 11, 2010

Prague

Hello all! Jake and I just got back from a long weekend in Prague. We had a great, relaxing trip. It was actually the first time that we decided to just wander around and not try to see all of the major sites. The city was full of drunken Scottish people in kilts who were there for a soccer game. One of those drunken Scotts decided to pull the hotel fire alarm at 6:30am. If you are considering a trip to Prague, let me be the first to say that it is neither pleasant nor charming at 6:30am. On our brief 10 minute walk....
-We were followed by a crazy person asking for money and then cursing us
-I saw a man peeing between two cars
-We saw very drunk people weaving their way into one of the many strip clubs
-a basic sense of sketch prevailed

My absolute favorite part of Prague was the many sausage stands open nearly 24hrs where you could buy a cup of piping hot mulled wine. Jake and I were big fans, and discovered hair of the dog mulled wine for breakfast works wonders. I don't think that I have ever witnessed one city drinking so constantly...we visited the sausage stand for breakfast and were offered beer, wine...yup, those of you who know me may have a hard time picturing me munching on a giant sausage with all the trimmings at 9am but hey, when in Prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment